Thursday, December 9

'a sweating' with Miss Ethel...

well i have ground to a halt with 'a sweating' with Miss Ethel. she has given all she can give and quite honestly i think after her beavering of the past week she deserves a little rest.
i will be popping some handcrafted goodness in my little shop window tomorrow (friday) throughout the day and then again on monday. i have made it a two parter for the clouds will not part and the rain will not stop and Mossy Shed is a bat cave.

i think the time has come the walrus said, to investigate lighting options so i may give up my madness ways of chasing any little bit of daylight that peeks through a window at any given moment, by the time i am set up, ready to go, a big angry cloud comes along again.
so what you see today is just a sprinkling of things that will be listed. a few choice pictures if you will, taken over the past week as and when a ray of light appears...








i must confess of all the wares Miss Ethel and i have been beavering on, the 'little string of dottie angel' is one that makes me smile. so much so, that of the four i made, despite breaking my rule of never, ever keeping something i made for the shop (don't ask me why i have such a rule, i just do, i am somebody that makes up rules in their head for no apparent reason and then frets about breaking them), i have decided that one little string will remain in mossy shed. it has all the elements of dottie angel,
vintage wallpaper,
a print of forsaken souls,
without words heart patch,
an old book page,
my flat stanley body,
vintage linens,
bark cloth,
a hand embroidered word,
the dottie angel dos,
a high hopes print,
vintage lace,
a handmade button card
and last but not least,
a little pair of teeny tiny turquoise clogs...
all stitched happily with abandonment by Miss Ethel and her fabby peachy pink thread. as i am tippity typing this ramble, my forbidden little stringy garland is hanging above my computer looking most spiffy indeed and reminding me i should fret less about breaking rules.

on another note, the lovely Jade of Craft Hope, did a little write up recently of her trip to Seattle and my dottie angel camp. she has done the most fabby job of continuing to craft dottie angel style and everything she has shown me since our peachy weekend together has made me so proud of her crafty ways and so i am thinking this is probably a perfectly perfect time as any, to mention that i have high hopes next year there will be another dottie angel camp, not in Seattle but in a place very close to my heart! so when i know the nitty gritty, probably in the new year, i will be sure to let you know.

she is thinking once again she sounds like a traveling salesman, but this time one with bangs ~ Tif

24 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

well this GOOD NEWS makes me HAPPY. i have been to your ETSY shop...and have been HOPING for some GOODIES on there from you.

kary

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Loving your peachy crocheted jars :)
A place close to your heart....Hmmmm...could that possibly mean the uk? (fingers crossed) if so, tell me quick 'cos I need to start seriously saving now! :0) lol

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Hmm... I don't know what is happening on this side of the screen. I love, love, love your look. It is pulling me in. But, I am nothing like this. How to be Dottie Angel-ish in a saturated, non-vintage way? I wonder if it is possible....

Rachel - Firebird said...

There are some beautiful things here, I adore the fabrics. Look forward to checking out your shop

We Blog Artists said...

Goodies and Christmas gifts for all from Dottie...with bangs...LOVELY.
Have a great day!
Char.x

Naturally Carol said...

It is so funny to me that you are there in the wintry cold of America battling to get enough sunlight and here am i this morning at 6.30 am, battling against the heat and intense sunlight to be able to see my computer screen for the glare! I am enjoying your new pics...{when I hold my hand in a certain position above my eyes}.

Shelley in SC said...

Oooh, that little "string of dottie angel" is too sweet for words!! Good work, Miss Ethel!!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE that pink floral bag on the far right, and it just so happens I need a bag for my knitting. Can't wait till your shelves fill up.

lunefantasy said...

I'm waiting, we're waiting but it's a pleasure... like children who looks after presents, take time to deliver the gift !!!

sabrina said...

Your new creations are just lovely! I adore what you did with the jars! (I eventually figured out how to make my own. They're a little different from the tutorial because I used different yarn and stitches!)

I would love to be able to attend a "dottie angel weekend", and have been hoping you would have another. :)

My Handmadehappiness said...

Please say you are coming to the UK???? oooohhhh I would love it!!!! The write up was so cute :)looking forward to getting my hands on some of dotties things!! xx

Sharon Stanley said...

oooooo such good news... i must say i think you are quite smart to keep one of your favorite creations...if you did not, creating might not be as fun for you! well done you!

Anonymous said...

Well, you have been very productive indeed!
And yes...I do know about those silly-self- imposed rules we creatives can impose on ourselves for no valid reason!

So...good for you!
I'm sure your creations will fly right out of your etsy window!

Ciao Bella!

Creative Carmelina

Anonymous said...

awww thanks for the sweet words tif! cannot wait to see what all you put into your shop. and of course, can't wait to hear more details about the future. :)

Unknown said...

Love your work. I am very curious about the lovelyness in the shop!

soisses-dasleben said...

beautiful pictures like always. i love your way of living, clothing, working...

Claire Mackaness said...

Woohoo me thinks this might be Old Blighty!!! How peachy

Unknown said...

eeeeek!!!! Are you really going to do another one where I think you might be doing one... really!?!?! I'm keeping everything crossed in the hope that I'm guessing correctly.... ;)
Emma, x

Kathy said...

Hi Tif, am hoping that your dottie angel camp is in the UK? Fingers crossed for Devon. If so, hold a space for me! Kathy

Emil und die großen Schwestern said...

So lovely images, so lovely work! i love your art! éva

Julia said...

All the things you make are so gorgeous I don't know how you ever manage to part with them.

Could we have an East Coast Dottie Angel camp please?

Momichka said...

Great news!

I also love your tote bags and the oh-so-adorable accessories for jars. Love the little touches.
Perfection!!!

Have a Happy Holiday!!!

dottie angel said...

haha, heehee, you must all have your 'clever caps' on today! yes indeedy, there is nothing closer to my heart then old blighty... details to follow in the new year :)

Marisa Seguin said...

Beautiful displays! Soft colours and fun patterns. Absolutely love it!